Sunday 21 March 2010

Connecting

Hi,

Geoff and me have started going to a new church near where we're living in Ipswich and I think after the break we've had from church and everything that's happened inbetween, I'm just enjoying the niceness of being in fellowship with some other Christians again. It's going to take a while to get to know everyone and find our place in the church and find out what the church is about, but I'm just enjoying being part of that family again.

I've been thinking about fellowship and how it is an important part of Christian life. I mean we're all supposed to be part of one body and how can we really be that if we're completely disconnected from the rest of the body? In this, I also recognise that it's important for each individual church unit to be in fellowship with other churches so that we are all really connected.

At the same time as being in fellowship with each other, we need to be connecting with Jesus the head of our church. The brain sends signals to the rest of the body to tell it what to do and if we're not connected to Jesus, we're not going to know what it is He has for us to do.

It feels really good to be in church again, to meet with other people to worship, pray, receive teaching, to be strenghtened and encouraged. I'm looking forward to getting more involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment