Saturday 28 November 2009

Seasons and Hope

There are definately life seasons, and I've been praying about it a lot lately, because everytime I have spoken to someone about how they are doing this year I hear troubles, trials, heartache, heartbreak, depression and struggle.

Thankfully I do believe the season is changing and it's evident in the changes that are happening not just in my own life but in the lives of my friends too. There are lots of people moving home, some more positive things that people having been praying or wishing for happening, and people making big life changes, taking big steps and decisions about their lives. For the most part this seems very positive to me. There are bound to be things that go wrong, or should I say don't go to plan in this season, but I think miraculously despite all the horrible things that have happened, people seem to have found something new to hope for.

Hope's been a big topic with me lately and it's been something I've been praying for for people, as there seems to have been a lot of hopelessness going around.

Something I've definately been learning about hope though, the difference between false hope and true hope. Sometimes I think we can get so bogged down with false hope, that is hope for things that aren't going to come to fruition, we can miss the real hope that will and I think is at least for the most part, be so much better. It's quite scary when I think if I hadn't let myself be stripped of some of my false hopes, I might not be engaged to be married. So be careful where you place your hope.

I think a lot of people have lost some of the hopes they had this year, but it's quite exciting when I think about the new hopes they might now be able to recognise or be able to find. I'm so looking forward to this fresh season.

No comments:

Post a Comment